Disasters often happen at the least opportune moments, when you least expect them and could definitely do without them. That’s why it’s so important that you don’t only have your home and your family prepared for a potential disaster, but that you also prepare yourself and family in medical care and first aid. It’s not always easy to find a doctor in the middle of a hurricane, and if you can find one they’re probably a little bit busy!
It’s important that you not only have some general medical supplies in your disaster preparedness kit, but that you also know how to use ’em!
- Allergic Reaction – Anaphylaxis
- Animal Bites, Bug Bites & Stings
- Broken Bones, Sprains & Strains
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) – Choking & Chest Pains
- Cuts, Scrapes, Blisters, Burns, Puncture Wounds, Severe Bleeding & Bruises
- Electrical Burns & Shock
- Eye Injury – Black Eye, Chemical, Corneal Abrasion
- First Aid Kit Checklist
- Food & Chemical Poisoning
- Food-Borne Illness, Water-Borne Illness & Dehydration
- Fractures (Broken Bones), Dislocation, Spinal Injury
- Head Injury & Concussion
- Weather Related Injuries – Frostbite, Heat Illness & Heatstroke